Sunday, March 8, 2009

Gulliver's Travels

Questions
1. What could the difference in height between Gulliver and the Lilliput people represent?
2. Knowing about Swift’s past, who might the Gulliver and the Lilliput represent?
3. Who is truly the norm in this story? Is Gulliver average size or is he truly a giant?
4. At what point do you believe Gulliver begins to see the Lilliput as people and why?

Excerpts
"And would rather conjecture that you dropped from the moon, or one of the stars".
(Pg. 658) This quote brings up a question that goes back to what we were previously studying. What does this quote reveal about humans intellectual limitation? I chose this quote because I believe it goes back to the topic of human limitations and what is within bounds of our knowledge.

Predictions
The class might possibly be confused about why Gulliver chose to stay calm throughout his ordeal among the Lilliput. But besides this I think the excerpt from Gulliver’s Travel is pretty straight forward.

Reflective Journal
My group worked very well together, we were able to have all our ideas down on paper within the first day of working on the lesson. I don’t think there would be anything that I would change I chose a group that I would work well with and that I thought could bring different interpretations of the excerpt to the table. From the group work I was able to think about it in a different light, each member of my group was able to bring a different idea about the section to the discussion.

Monday In Class
On Monday in class my group will work on the presentation aspects of our work. We have created our chart out answered and spoke out all of our questions as well as the excerpts that we have chosen. We will now come up with a plan to execute our lesson effectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment